- What does LeaderJam do?
- What Information Does LeaderJam Collect From Me?
- What Does LeaderJam Do With The Information It Collects?
- Does LeaderJam Collect Payment Card Information?
- Does LeaderJam Track My Activity Across Other Websites?
- Can I Choose To Stop Receiving Marketing Messages?
- Can Children Use LeaderJam Website or App?
- What If I Live Outside of the United States?
- What If I Follow a Link To a Third-Party Website?
- How Does LeaderJam Protect My Information?
- How Do I Contact LeaderJam?
WHAT DOES LeaderJam DO?
[Note to LeaderJam: You should match this section to any marketing material to ensure consistency.]
WHAT INFORMATION DOES LeaderJam COLLECT FROM ME?
LeaderJam collects certain information from you when you share that information with us and when you use our app, our website and related services.
- Personal Information: [Note to LeaderJam: You should carefully tailor this section to your actual data collection practices. It is better to provide a more inclusive and explanatory section than a simple list of data elements you collect.]
- Analytics Information: LeaderJam has partnered with select analytics partners ("Analytics Partners") to collect information about how our website is used. Our Analytics Partners may collect information about how many times you visit our website, what you visit when you explore our website, what parts of our website you access, and what other sites you visit before and after visiting our website. You can learn more about our Analytics Partners by clicking [here]. [Note to LeaderJam: Please insert a hyperlink to the third level page (noted below) titled "Analytics Partners."]
- Site Visit Information: LeaderJam also collects certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our website. This information helps LeaderJam operate our app and our website, and provide other services, including advertisements, ad serving, and technical support. By "Site Visit Information" we mean information that does not identify you personally, such as IP address, device information, and browser information.
WHAT DOES LeaderJam DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
[Note to LeaderJam: You should carefully tailor this section to your actual data use practices. It is better to provide a more inclusive and explanatory section than a simple list of data elements you collect.]
LeaderJam collects information from you to provide services, and to alert you to exciting opportunities, and to improve the quality and functioning of our website. LeaderJam does not sell or lease the information you share with third-parties. You should read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us.
- LeaderJam's use of your Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information:
- LeaderJam may share Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information with Service Providers: [Note to LeaderJam: Do you have contracts in place with the third parties requiring them to keep PII confidential and to maintain reasonable data security?]
- Legal and law enforcement requests: LeaderJam may also disclose, at its sole discretion, your Personal or Site Visit Information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request-like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
[Note to LeaderJam: You should carefully tailor this section to your actual cookie use and deployment practices. Be certain to focus too on your analytics partners-what are they collecting? As always, it is better to provide a more inclusive and explanatory section than a simple list of data elements you collect. IF YOUR SITE SETS COOKIES ON DEVICES OF USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, CONSULT WITH YOUR MINTZ LEVIN ATTORNEY. COOKIE LAWS IN THE EU VARY AND REQUIRE DIFFERENT, AND MORE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURE]
"Cookies" are electronic files many websites place on a visitor's computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. LeaderJam uses both "session" and "persistent" cookies on its website. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our site, and is then deleted when you leave our site. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our website. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser's user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
"Beacons" are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user's online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. LeaderJam uses beacons to better manage content on our website and to improve the use and efficiency of our app. [Note to LeaderJam: We have assumed you and your Analytics Partners are using beacons, but we should discuss whether you are using them.]
As we discussed above, LeaderJam works with our Analytics Partners to improve the quality of our website, and to give you access to more relevant information. Our Analytics Partners may use session and persistent cookies, tracking beacons or other monitoring technologies. To learn more about our Analytics Partners please click [here]. [Note to LeaderJam: Please insert a hyperlink to the third level page (noted below) titled "Analytics Partners."]
DOES LeaderJam COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
[Note to LeaderJam: You should carefully tailor this section to your actual payment card collection practices, if any. If you do not collect payment card information, you may delete this section or simply tell customers you don't collect payment card data. In the sample below, we've illustrated how to explain that you are using a third party called Stripe to process payments.]
DOES LeaderJam TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
[Note to LeaderJam: California law requires this disclosure, and we have drafted it in line with the most typical website configurations we encounter. You should check with your web team to ensure this statement is accurate, especially in regards to the do not track signal.]
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM LeaderJam?
[Note to LeaderJam: The Federal CAN-SPAM requires commercial entities to provide for an opt-out mechanism; if you are sending direct marketing to consumers, you should be sure you email solution provides for opt-out functionality. IF YOU MARKET TO CANADIAN USERS (AND YOU KNOW THEY ARE AT EMAIL ADDRESSES LOCATED IN CANADA) YOU MUST USE OPT-IN. CONSULT WITH YOUR MINTZ LEVIN ATTORNEY ABOUT CANADIAN SPAM LAWS - THE PENALTIES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE ARE SEVERE.]
LeaderJam may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about exciting developments with our business, and to alert you to relevant advertisements and other opportunities. We will only send you communications if you give us express permission to do so by completing a form on our app or our website. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of a LeaderJam marketing message.
CAN CHILDREN USE LeaderJam'S WEBSITE?
[Note to LeaderJam: The Federal Children Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") requires commercial entities with websites directed at or knowingly collecting from children under 13 to obtain verifiable parental consent before said collection may occur. To avoid COPPA, we generally advise clients to limit their data collection to individuals over 13 years of age.]
Our website and our app are not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 13. Simply put, LeaderJam does not permit children users under the age of 13 to use our website to create accounts, or to perform any other type of activity. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with LeaderJam, please contact us at so we can remove their information from our systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
[Note to LeaderJam: CONSULT WITH YOUR MINTZ LEVIN ATTORNEY IF YOUR WEBSITE COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA FROM PEOPLE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.]
LeaderJam is based in the United States, and our website is hosted there. If you are visiting our website from another country, the laws governing our website's collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our website, use our app, or share your personal information with LeaderJam, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
LeaderJam's website and our app may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. LeaderJam does not have control over the privacy practices of the advertisers or other third-parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third parties collect or use the information you chose to share with them.
HOW DOES LeaderJam PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
LeaderJam takes the security of your personal information very seriously. LeaderJam uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, LeaderJam cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steall, or modify your personal information.
HOW DO I CONTACT LeaderJam?
LeaderJam'S ANALYTICS PARTNERS [EXAMPLE ONLY]
LeaderJam's Analytics Partners help us improve the quality of our site, and improve the relevance and frequency of advertisements you receive. We have carefully selected each of our Analytics Partners, and are confident they take your privacy as seriously as we do.
- Google Analytics-LeaderJam partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our site, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. Google Analytics' terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
- MixPanel-LeaderJam partners with Mixpanel to improve our insight into your use of our site. Mixpanel's terms are available here: https://mixpanel.com/terms.
For information on how to opt-out of the services our Analytics Partners provide, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice website at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/